by Santhakumar Munuswamy
Posted on 08 March 2017
In this article, we will discuss in details about the Visual Studio 2017 launch, How to install the Visual Studio 2017, Why Visual Studio 2017 and How to modify, uninstall and repair in Visual Studio 2017. As you all know the lots of announcement is announced for Visual Studio 2017 launch event on today. We can learn to new visual studio installation experience in this article.
In this article, we will see the followings
- Visual Studio 2017 launch
- How to install the Visual Studio 2017
- Why Visual Studio 2017
- How to modify, uninstall and repair in Visual Studio 2017
Visual Studio 2017 launch
I am really excited to wish you Happy Birthday Visual Studio! The following are announced from visual studio team as below
- Announcing .NET Core microservices reference application
- Announcing Visual Studio Mobile Center
- Announcing Visual Studio 2017 General Availability
- Announcing Redgate Data Tool in Visual Studio 2017
- Announcing Enterprise DevOps Accelerator
- Announcing New value for Visual Studio Enterprise subscribers
- Announcing Team Foundation Server 2017 Updae1 and etc.
Visual Studio 2017 will quietly work on the following operating systems and hardware as given below:
- Windows 10 version 1507 or higher
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows 8.1 (with Update 2919355)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (with Update 2919355)
- Windows 7 SP1 (with Update 3033929)
- 1.8 GHz or faster processor
- 4 GB RAM ( Recommended)
How to install the Visual Studio 2017
I am happy to download the new Visual Studio 2017 for community edition. You can download the Visual Studio 2017 is the following URL
Now, you can copy and paste URL into your browser as below screen
We have a great opportunity for downloading Visual Studio 2017 by March 14. We are glad to get free 60-day access to Xamarin University.
Double Click and Run the vs_community__630251046.1488900571.exe file. If you will receive a user control prompt and Click Yes button.
The Visual Studio window will open and Click Continue button.
Installing Visual Studio Community 2017 window will open. You have to choose the required workloads as below screen shot. In my the case I have selected a .NET Desktop development, Universal Window development, Web development and .NET Core cross-platform workloads. I have continued the default location for installation. Then Click Install button.